Hungry Root

 Hungry Root


Have you tried it? What do you think? I recently came across it and I thought it was pretty Genius!! At least for this busy, stay at home mom it is! If you have no idea what this is let me explain it to you. It is a subscription service that delivers once per week. You can cancel at any time or skip a week. I think i will be ordering once every two weeks. So it's not just any regular meal plan subscription. They send you ingredients for a few meals ( you can choose how many you want per week) along with the instructions on how to prepare, They also send you some ready to to eat meals that you just heat up and eat. Super Convenient! The best part is they send Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner!  Oh, And Snacks!! 

Now what makes them different than a regular meal plan box is they also send groceries! Like fruits, veggies, breads, etc. So that means less trips to the store! Since 2020, I think the number of people that do not like going to the store has increased drastically. For whatever reason it may be, less and less people enjoy shopping in store these days. So, this subscription is perfect for avoiding the stores but still getting your food shipped to your house. 

Another thing that makes me really want to try this subscription is they have lots of options for people with special diets. Non- dairy, vegan, gluten free, etc. You pick what your special dietary needs are and they send you recipes and foods that go along with that. If you are like me and live in a small town you know how scarce the stores are with gluten free, non dairy, vegan, etc. options or just healthy foods in general. For me, I have to drive at least an hour or more. So, it is nice to have some good, healthy options. They have grass fed Beef!! 

I know you are probably wondering how the price is. To me, the price isn't bad at all. I put everything that they were sending me in a shopping list for Wal-mart Pick up and Wal- Mart was only $5 cheaper. BUT Wal-Mart didn't have a lot of the healthy options that I had on Hungry Root so I had to add a less healthier option which means it would be cheaper at Walmart. For Example Hungry Root had Some Spinach Ravioli made with almond milk. But Wal-Mart only had the dairy ones. So, If I was to compare prices at a store that carried healthier brands Hungry Root would have been a lot cheaper! 

I haven't tried it yet, Still waiting on my shipment. So, I am not endorsing them.. Yet! If you know me you know that I don't endorse anything unless I have first tried them out myself and liked it. I am simply just stating the reasons of why it sounded good to me and what made me place my first order. Come back After March 3rd. And I will come back on here and update with my review and some pics of my box and the recipes I have made and more! 

But, if all this sounds good to you and you want to give it a try. Use my code to get $40 off your first order! Get $40 Off Here 


UPDATE: 

The Box came right on time. The ingredients were packed very well in a huge box. I was surprised at how much food was in that box! My kids were super excited and were begging for the snacks quicker than I could get them out of the box! 


                                     

     We tried our first meal yesterday and it was a hit with the whole family!! Veggie Vinaigrette Beyond Burger (pics below) 




My kids loved it, I loved it and most importantly my husband liked it lol. I am super excited to make another meal today : Alfredo with Meatballs. Everything is Non GMO Verified, Organic and/ or Grass fed. I love that it's all wholesome, healthy food without any junk food! When you are shopping in store it is so easy to go past the junk food and start tossing it into your cart but with this service you can't do that... Which I love! Also my children can't go in the store and beg for a bunch of junk either. We got a lifetime of free Chickpea Almond Cookie dough! Can't wait to try those either!! 

The food came fresh and they give you a lot of food. I signed up for 4 servings but we have half a pack of buns leftover, a ton of salad leftover so I could eat it the next day and a packet of salad dressing leftover. That was just from the first meal we made. Can't wait to see what other leftovers we have. I love that they send more than enough so you aren't stuck with baby portions and you can go back for seconds if you want. 



If you try it let me know what you think!! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making money with send earnings