I Can Do It Myself... I Think. 


Are you the type of person that tries to do everything on their own?? Well, I am! I have been that way for as long as I can remember. I Don't know why I am that way. Maybe it comes from being a perfectionist. I know how I want things done and I know that if I do it myself it will be done the way I want it done. Maybe it is because I hate waiting on other people and want things done in my time frame. 

Whatever reason I have for wanting to do things myself, It has really become a cause for stress in my life. I am only one person and trying to take everything on is very hard. And tiring! It is hard for me to ask my husband for help with anything. Unless I am in bed sick and even then I won't ask as much as I should. It's not that he won't help cause he doesn't mind. It's just I am so used to not asking for help that I refuse to. 

This week I finally realized that there are a lot of things that I need done and I cannot do them all by myself. I need to accept help from people. So On Monday I cleaned the house and I had my daughter's help me. They are 6 and 4 so are able to help with more things. Yes, I am so bad that I barely had them do chores cause it was just easier to do it myself... or so I thought! 

I realized a lot this week. Having them help me out around the house has helped me so much. I have a lot less stress and I was able to clean more instead of doing it all myself and burning out because I was running myself ragged! Having them help also teaches them responsibility and helps them learn how to clean so when they move out and live on their own they will know how to take care of their own house.

So, If you are like me and you struggle to allow people to help you out with stuff. I am here to tell you, Let them! It will give you less stress and more time to enjoy the things you love. You don't have to do it all. No one will think less of you if you accept help and you won't be less of a  Mom/ Wife/ Woman if you let people take on a chore or two. 


 

Comments

  1. I am the same way! I am also learning that it is so much better when you ask for help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Root

Finding True Friends