Finding True Friends

 Finding True Friends


I think finding out who your "people" are is a life long task. It doesn't matter how old you get you are never too old to lose friends or to find out that certain people aren't really in your corner. Once I found out I was having Girl's I knew the dreaded Girl - Friend Drama was coming. I have been through it and even though I am in my 30's I STILL go through it. Sadly, It's something you will never outgrow. No one is perfect and you will come across some not so nice people. I just didn't think we would go through it THIS soon. But I guess 7 and 5 aren't too young for it.




My girls are homeschooled and I love that because I can monitor who they hang out with a little more and I can decide who they are friends with. But there are still kids that seem nice and like they are good friends and then they still end up hurting you. It's a little harder when you are raised in a house that doesn't do things the way most people do. We don't really celebrate many holidays, we believe most of them are Pagan, we don't do prescription drugs, we try to live by the bible and not by religion, we are all for natural remedies and herbs. I had to deal with it when I was growing up. Kids called my parents weird. I told my parents "Hold my beer" Cause I took how they raised me and bumped it up a notch!  So granted my kids get told that we are weird and that's ok. Cause, what is normal? I am fine with being weird. It works for my family. If it doesn't work for you and yours... don't do it.



So, Now I am having to have many conversations with my girls. When you set yourself apart from this world and try to live by the bible people are going to call you and your family all kinds of names. People don't like different, it bothers them. Especially when you are different and it works and you love it. Most of the time they are miserable and they want to know why and how you are so happy. The world pushes all these things on us. How we should dress, what we should celebrate, what we should do/take when we are sick,  etc. when you go against the grain it bothers people. You will lose friends. Sometimes people think that you look down on them or think you feel you are better than them because you researched the things they didn't. That's not true at all. But they let their feelings and insecurities get in the way. Some people won't even want to try to be your friend. And that is okay. Not everyone is meant to be a friend. The right people, The true friends. Won't care that they celebrate Christmas and you don't. They won't care that you reach for essentials oils when your kids get a fever instead of Tylenol. They won't care because they know that you are doing what you feel is best for your family just like they are. They know that there is more to being a friend than doing things the same exact way as each other.



It hurts when people no longer want to be your friend. It hurts when people talk about you but, nothing feels better than finding someone that loves you for who you are and wants to be your friend despite your differences.


Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.


Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hungry Root